Bay City Community Information
All this and more is docked and waiting for you in picturesque Bay City, where a rich maritime legacy and a unique flair for great shopping and dining make for the perfect escape into waters unknown.
Originally surrounded by forests and marshlands, early Bay City residents had little choice but to travel by water. From the construction of the first shipyard along the banks of the Saginaw River in 1856, Bay City developed into a burgeoning center for the shipbuilding industry.
Today, Bay City is an undeniably charming riverfront community filled with fine architecture, historic districts, one-of-a-kind boutiques, and the kind of cuisine that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
Indulge in the excitement of a sailing dinner cruise on the Appledore or Princess Wenonah, blast off for an out-of-this-world 360 degree experience at Delta College Planetarium, or shop Michigan's largest antique mart, Bay Antique Center. No matter how you choose to see it, Bay City offers a beautiful view of life.
Bay County Snapshot 2011
- Population: 107,724
- Households: 44,604
- Per Capita Income: $29,656
- Median Household Income: $42,688
- Average Household Size: 2.47
- Median Value of Owner Occupied Homes: $84,900
- Bangor Township Schools: Bangor Township Schools Homepage
- Bay Area Catholic Schools: The Bay Area Catholic Schools (BACS) are prime examples of all that is good about Catholic education. Principals and teachers are dedicated, enthusiastic professionals who are committed to providing a superior education for their students.
- Bay City Public Schools: The Bay City Public Schools district and administrative website
- Bay-Arenac Intermediate School District (BAISD): Bay-Arenac ISD is dedicated to meeting the needs of students in Bay and Arenac Counties. For us, it is - and always will be - about kids. To serve children, we provide important programs and services to seven local K-12 school districts and all charter, parochial, and private schools in the most cost-effective ways possible.
- Essexville-Hampton Public Schools: This website has been prepared to provide you with current information about our District, our programs, and our accomplishments. Please take a look around, view our calendar of upcoming events, and learn about what we have to offer. We hope you find our site both informative and enjoyable.
- Pinconning School District: The goal of Pinconning Area Schools is to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to be successful.
- Davenport University: Davenport University prepares students for the most in-demand, fastest-growing careers in business, health and technology. Quality, career-oriented academic programs are offered through our main campus in Grand Rapids, Michigan, multiple locations in Michigan and northern Indiana, and online.
- Delta College University Center: Delta College's mission is to be "an innovative and responsive community college dedicated to meeting the diverse educational and personal growth needs of our students by providing excellent learning opportunities and support services."
- Northwood University: Take A Closer Look...See What We Are All About... Northwood University is a special purpose university with a defined philosophy about management education that guides almost everything we do. We call it The Northwood Idea. The Northwood Idea permeates everything we do and forms all that we aspire for our students.
- Saginaw Valley State University: Something More, Something Better. Featuring accredited Undergraduate and Graduate Programs with programs in all areas; further enhance your education at Saginaw Valley State University.
- Bay Area Community Foundation: The Bay Area Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses and organizations to create permanent endowment funds that help our region meet the challenges of changing times.
- Bay Area Convention and Visitors Bureau: Bay City Convention and Visitors Bureau serving Bay County and Bay City, in north eastern Michigan. Information for tourists on: attractions, activities, events, lodging, accommodations, dining, vacation packages, hiking, fishing and tall ships in northern Michigan.Bay County Library System: The Bay County Library System was established on January 1, 1974, after the county electorate approved a .7 mill tax levy for five years. The Library System brought together three libraries (Bay City Public Library and its Broadway Branch, Sage Library, Pinconning Library) which previously were funded separately and independently by the cities of Bay City and Pinconning.
- Downtown Bay City: Downtown Bay City is one of many "Great American Main Streets".
It has the characteristics of a big city and the personality of a small town community ... A riverfront community made up of the things to do and see that will fill a day ... or a lifetime.
Local Organizations and Links:
- Auburn Chamber of Commerce: The Auburn Chamber of Commerce is an association of business working for the enrichment of our community. Our mission is to support, strengthen, and develop business within our community through education, networking, information and assistance.
- Bay Area Chamber of Commerce: The Bay Area Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization joining area businesses and the community for economic growth and well-being of the entire Bay Area. Bay County Farm Bureau: Providing Michigan residents with farm, home, life, auto and business insurance. A Farm Bureau Insurance agent can help to make your future more predictable. Use our web site to locate or e-mail agents, request electronic insurance brochures, find claim offices and keep up-to-date with new insurance products and services.
- Bay County Growth Alliance: BCGA is a Michigan non-profit economic development corporation. Chartered in 1972 as Forward Bay County, Inc., the Growth Alliance is one of Michigan's longest serving economic development organizations.
- Bay County Realtor Association: Official Site of REALTOR® ASSOCIATION of Bay County - RABC - Established 1946 - Bay City, Michigan
- MBS International Airport: Welcome to MBS International Airport. Since 1946, MBS has been Mid-Michigan's airport for business and leisure travel. That's over half a century of serving the air travel needs of our community. We are proud to continue to put the world outside the door of Mid-Michigan easily, quickly and conveniently.
Shop in Bay City:
Endless antique & specialty boutique shopping fills the historic downtown districts of Bay City.
Bay City is the antique haven of Michigan's Great Lakes Bay Region, with Michigan's largest and finest antique mart, Bay Antique Center... but it's also home to countless boutiques and specialty shops that will delight shoppers with even the most unique tastes!
Eat in Bay City:
Bay City offers an explosion of flavors for fans of every taste and type of cuisine. From Fusion 1 Cafe, an Asian fusion restaurant where you can watch your one-of-a-kind sushi rolled right before your eyes, to upscale dining within Bay City's Old City Hall, the range of menu items is as diverse as it is delicious.
In Bay City, exciting waterfront recreation is never hard to come by. You'll enjoy sailing on tall ships, cruising on an adventurous fishing charter, or taking a relaxing stroll down by the calm waters on the Bay City Riverwalk.
Source: Bay Future Inc. An economic development corporation serving the County of Bay City, Michigan, and all the municipalities